>> Freedom of Information Act
Freedom of Information Act
New model publication scheme 2008
The Publication Scheme.
In accordance with Section 20 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Information Commissioner has now developed and approved a new model publication scheme which has been adopted, without modification, by the Town Council at its meeting held on 9th December 2008. The scheme will remain valid until further notice or until such time as any modification, which removes information, is approved by the Information Commissioner.
The scheme commits a parish council to:
- Proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine information, held by the Town Council and falls within the classes below.
- Specify the information which is held by the council and falls within the classes below.
- Proactively publish or otherwise make available, as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within the scheme.
- Produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public.
- Review and update, on a regular basis, the information the council makes available under the scheme.
- Produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made proactively available.
- Make the publication scheme available to the public a description of services offered.
The classes of information will generally include:
- Information on the disclosure of which is prevented by law or exempt under the FoI Act.
- Information in draft form.
- Information no longer readily available as it is contained in files which are in archive storage, or is difficult to access for similar reasons.
Method by which information published under the scheme will be made available:
- The information is included on the Town Council’s website website address here and a copy is deposited with the branch library.
- Information can also be obtained from the Clerk to the Council by emailing the Town Clerk, email@example.com or by telephoning 01302 844903 (Tuesdays/Thursdays only). Appointments to view documentation will be made within a reasonable timescale following the request.
- The council will adhere to requirements under disability and discrimination legislation and any other legislation to provide information in other forms and formats.
Charges which may be made for information published under the scheme:
- Material on the website is free.
- Charges for routinely published material will be made at 10p* per sheet plus postage charges.
- Charges may also be made for actual disbursement incurred, e.g. photocopying, postage/packing plus the cost directly incurred as a result of viewing information.
- Charges may also be made for information provided under the scheme where they are legally authorised.
- Where a charge is made this will be confirmed to the applicant in advance and the Town Council may also request payment prior to providing the information if it so wishes.
*This charge is the current one agreed and may change.